- France - Loire Chateau to Chateau Riding Vacation
- Galway Riding Holidays in Ireland
- Peru Horse Riding Vacations & Machu Picchu
- Romania Horse Riding Vacations
- Israel Horse Riding Vacations
- South Africa Horse Safari- Ants Lodges
- Portugal Horseback Riding Vacations
- France Countryside Riding Vacations
- Jordan Horse Riding Holidays
Irish National Stud Video
In honor of St. Patrick's Day this week, we're featuring new Ireland travel video clips all week long with a brand new clip each day, starting with an insider's tour of the Irish National Stud.
Kildare, Ireland is a similiar to Lexington, Kentucky. The rolling green hills here are home to breeding farms including the famous Irish National Stud. The stud farm is home to some of Ireland’s top racehorses, and it’s open to the public. Believe it or not, you can get up close to these sleek, million dollar racehorses, and we did on our trip to Ireland to film Equitrekking Irish Countryside, and the foals were so cute.
The stud dates back to the early 1900’s when Colonel William Hall Walker, a wealthy Scotsman and equestrian purchased the farm and began to breed thoroughbreds. I met up with Jonathan Clarke, who grew up at the stud farm, for an insider's tour. Find out more in this Equitrekking video clip.